Holiday Flight Tips
Traveling with friends and family this holiday season? We have some suggestions to make your flight just a little bit easier!
- Plan to arrive early because the lines may be longer. Check the airport and airline website for suggested arrival times.
- When parking at the airport, take a picture of your parking ticket, parking space, lot number or anything that will help you remember where you have parked.
- Weigh your bags-downsize to avoid overweight charges. Check the airline’s website for information on checked bags and carry-on requirements. Remember to never leave your bag unattended at the airport for any reason.
- Pack an empty water bottle in your carry-on item to fill after you get through the security checkpoint and light snacks to enjoy while waiting for your flight or to eat on the plane.
- Consider signing up for TSA PreCheck-enjoy a smoother security screening process with
no need to remove shoes, laptops, 3-1-1 liquids, belts or light jackets.
- Place important items in an accessible place such as ID card, credit card, and boarding pass. Have your ID and boarding pass ready when you get in line for the security checkpoint.
- Know what can and can’t fly-check TSA’s prohibited items list and don’t wrap presents.
- Ask yourself what you need to get through security-if you don’t have TSA PreCheck, remove shoes, jewelry, watch, jacket, liquids, large electronics, etc.
- Double check that you have everything after clearing security.
- Enjoy your flight.