For current security information and prohibited items lists click here for the Transportation Security Administration web site.
By Order of the Department of Homeland Security
Transportation Security Administration
THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS APPLY TO LIQUIDS, GELS, AND/OR AEROSOLS AT THE PASSENGER SCREENING CHECKPOINT
- No liquids, gels, and/or aerosols are permitted EXCEPT one clear transparent resealable 1 quart (1 liter) size plastic bag which may contain liquids, gels, and/or aerosols in containers of 3 oz. (90ml) capacity or less per container. The contents of the plastic bag must fit comfortably and the plastic bag must be completely closed/sealed and subjected to x-ray inspection separate from the passenger’s
- You may have the items listed below, but you must declare them to TSA at the screening checkpoint if they are not contained in a clear transparent resealable 1 quart (1 liter) size plastic bag and/or are over 3 oz. (90ml).
- Baby formula/milk (to include breast milk) and baby food in containers if a baby or small child is traveling
- Medications (liquid, gels, and/or aerosol)
- Liquids (to include juice) or gels for diabetic or other medical needs
- All other liquids, gels, and/or aerosols may be transported in checked baggage.
Liquids (including beverages), gels, and/or aerosols purchased in the sterile area may be carried onboard the aircraft.